Journey to Wellness: A Guide to Your New CBD Pet Products
We’re always here to answer any questions. Just give us a call or shoot us an email.
Here’s a recap of what we talked about during your visit...
You purchased Full-Spectrum CBD Pet products, which are helpful for a variety of ailments, such as anxiety, physical pain, stress, and sleep. Once home, store them out of direct sunlight. If your pet is taking other medication, chat with their vet about adding CBD.
HOW CBD PET PRODUCTS WORK
It can be confusing, so here’s a quick breakdown. Full-spectrum means we use the entire hemp plant rather than just the aerial CBD parts. The canine water-soluble and the feline tincture are made with proprietary nanotechnology, so the CBD molecules have already been broken down into their smallest parts! This means that the CBD will absorb into your pet’s system much more quickly than regular hemp oil, making it the most effective and bioavailable delivery to the bloodstream.
YOUR PET’S USAGE PLAN
- Follow the directions on the bottle or bag, as your pet’s dosage will vary by weight.
- The recommended dosage, twice per day, is as follows:
- 25lb pet = 2.5mg CBD =.25mL
- 50lb pet = 5mg CBD = .50mL
- 75lb pet = 7.5mg CBD = .75mL
- 100lb pet = 10mg CBD = 1mL
- Equine products will differ. Follow the instructions on the horse-specific packaging.
- Pet products absorb at different rates, depending on the delivery method of the specific product.
HOW CAN I MAKE CBD A HABIT FOR MY PET?
We know it can be hard to add something new to your routine, especially if you’re busy. So to help make your pet’s CBD wellness a daily habit, here are a few recommendations:
- Keep the bottle or package around the house. You’re more likely to include CBD into your pet’s life if it’s in plain sight.
- Commit to adding it to their breakfast or dinner. It’s easiest to start a habit with a schedule.
HOW WILL I KNOW IT’S WORKING?
Good question! Anyone new to CBD should be assessing how their pet is acting. Most pet owners see a difference in around three days of the recommended application. In the first month, you may notice any of the following:
- Relief of everyday, occasional stress
- Calmness and relaxation
- Healthier joint function
- Natural, quality, and optimal sleep
We recommend jotting down some notes to record your pet’s progress. If you’re not noticing improvements, they may need a larger or more frequent dosage, and we’d be happy to help you adjust.
If you see anything abnormal, stop administering immediately. This is rare, but everyone reacts to herbs differently!
ARE THERE LONG-TERM BENEFITS?
You bet! Once part of your pet’s daily routine, CBD as been shown to provide continued benefits such as:
- Support of cognitive health
- Support/maintenance of urinary health
- Support/maintenance of cardiovascular/heart health
- Support/maintenance of healthy immune system