Fall is upon us! Along with the cooler weather and beautiful fall foliage, comes classic fall recipes, such as Caramel Candy Apples! We are going to put a little spin on this delicious treat by incorporating CBD Caramel Drizzle made by Giraffe Nuts!
This recipe is as simple as they come, but don’t overlook the details that can take this treat to the next level!
While most varieties of apples will work, the best apples are those that help balance the sweetness of the caramel and are easy to bite into. A tart Granny Smith apple is a good choice and is the standard for many caramel apple makers.
When it comes to the toppings, use your imagination! Toppings can take your candy apples to the next level of gourmet, they can fit the season by being decorative, or even make them healthier.
- Giraffe Nuts CBD Caramel Drizzle (Sea Salt or Vanilla Caramel) found at all CBD American Shaman of PA locations
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- Assorted toppings, such as chopped CBD almonds (cough cough), sprinkles or drizzle chocolate
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Wash and thoroughly dry the apples then press a lollipop stick firmly into the top of each apple. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Place the skewered apples on the prepared baking sheet and stick them in the freezer while preparing your caramel.
- Pour CBD Caramel Drizzle into a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until desired consistency.
- Pull the (now-chilled) apples out of the freezer and dip them into the caramel, one at a time, letting excess caramel drip off the apple. Give the apple a quick flip upside down and hold it like that for 20 seconds or so to give the hot caramel a chance to set up on the cold apple before turning it right side up and setting the dipped apple down on the waxed paper. Repeat with remaining apples, then transfer to the fridge for 15 minutes to set completely.
- If you want to go beyond a traditional caramel apple, you can roll your caramel dipped apple into toppings just after dipping the apple but before the caramel completely sets up.